You should plan to arrive approximately 90 minutes before the ceremony begins. We will begin lining up for commencement approximately 30 minutes before the start of the ceremony.
Where to be and when
You will need to do the following after you arrive:
- Check-in at your division's table
- Fill out a card to give to Grad Images for your photos
- Get your honors cords and put them on (if you earned them)
- Take some photos of yourself and your friends and post to social media
There are no dressing rooms, and there is no secure area to leave personal items. Therefore, please bring only your academic apparel with you and leave personal items elsewhere. We cannot be responsible for items left unattended.
Check back for details on parking.
About the Commencement Ceremony
- The ceremony will take about 90 minutes
- Graduates will be seated by academic division
- At the conclusion of the vice chancellor's comments, ushers will direct graduates to recess in an orderly fashion. Please follow the directions of these ushers.
What NOT to bring:
Alcoholic beverages, fireworks, balloons, silly string, and signs are not permitted. Please respect your fellow graduates and refrain from bringing these items.